Chartered Physiotherapists (CPMH) aims to raise awareness of the role of physiotherapy in mental health.
To support physiotherapists in all specialities to be confident when working with people who have mental health challenges
We welcome new members and encourage them to contribute to the group's support network.
Supporting Continuous Professional Development
- Regional network
- Peer support/mentorship
peer support is informally through the network and interactive CSP discussion forums
- Suggested reading list
National Service Framework for Mental health
- Everybody’s Business , Care Services Improvement Parnership
- Lets respect The Mental Health needs of Older People Dept of Health
- Mental Capacity Act 2005 guidelines for Physiotherapy Staff
- Conferences and study days
The CPMH holds between one and three study days per year . The AGM will form part of one of these days.
- Formal courses offered/recommended
- Links with other groups/organisations
Links are established with the Sainsbury center for Mental Health and the Royal College of Psychiatry .
- Inter CSP Professional network links are strong with collaborative work being done within the Client Group Alliance and between CPMH , AGILE and CPPLD
- CPMH is a founder member of the International Organisation of Physical Therapy in Mental Health, IOPTMH .
Promoting Research and Evaluation
- Promoting research awareness
- Research/education awards
An education fund is available to members currently £1,000 a year. Details can be obtained from the education officer and are published in the journal
- Published evidence-based material
The National Strategy for Mental health is due to be published in March 2008
Commissioning Mental Health Services
The document below was produced by CSP (Chartered Society of Physiotherapy) in collaboration with CPMH, and contains valuable guidance on the contribution of physiotherapy to integrated mental health services.